SERVING THE CITY OF CHICAGO AND ALL SURROUNDING AREAS OF ILLINOIS
Mr. Leinberger represents businesses and individuals in complex civil litigation matters in trial and appellate courts. These matters include shareholder and partnership disputes, director and officer liability, fraud, deceptive business practices, fiduciary duties, civil rights, employment, intellectual property, contracts, leases, class actions, consumer claims, insurance coverage, and federal statutory violations. He also represents businesses and individuals in a variety of transactional matters, including buy-sell agreements, estate plans, leases and contracts.
Mr. Leinberger is a founding member of Markoff Leinberger LLC. He has been interviewed by NBC, ABC, WBBM, and a variety of local newspapers in connection with cases and other news.
Mr. Leinberger was named to the prestigious 40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty To Watch list. He was named multiple times as an Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star. Additionally, he helped draft the most recent Illinois class action statute amendment, which helps channel leftover class action funds to disadvantaged persons in need of legal aid.
On behalf of a highly regarded fashion photographer, Mr. Leinberger obtained an important ruling extending the application of the U.S. Copyright Act to the infringers located in foreign countries. In the same case, he established personal jurisdiction over a Korean company, even though the company did not have U.S. sales or offices.
Mr. Leinberger is a member of multiple non-profit boards. He has been involved in a variety of community activities ranging from coaching kids youth sports teams to leading a YMCA Adventure Guides program.
What People Say About Us!
"Karl’s group was very detailed, professional and efficient in helping with my suit. Would highly recommend this organization."
Mr. Leinberger helped draft a recent amendment to the Illinois class action statute, which helps provide funding to disadvantaged persons in need of legal aid. Mr. Leinberger is actively involved in bar association activities and his community.
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- DePaul University, J.D., 1996 (Editor-in-Chief of the DePaul Commercial and Business Law Journal)
- University of Iowa, B.A. Finance, 1992
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association Class Litigation Committee (Chair, 2006-07)
- Chicago Bar Association Consumer Law Committee (Chair, 1999-00)
- Chicago Bar Association Legislative Committee (2006 to present)
- Chicago Bar Foundation Cy Pres Committee (2005 to present)